Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Rainy Day

Little drops,
Fill the air,
Falling, falling,
upon her hair.

Little drops,
Land on her skin,
Falling, falling,
upon her shin.

Wet little drops,
kiss her ear,
Whispering, whispering,
"What do you hear?"

Sparkly drops,
Sing her a song,
Laughing, Laughing,
As she dances along.

Bigger drops,
Begin to fall,
Falling, falling,
Upon her doll.

Banging thunder,
Gives her a scare,
Running, running,
Into her lair.

Rays of sunlight,
Begin to peak,
Nudging nudging,
So she will speak.

Rainbow colors,
Put on a show,
Smiling, smiling,
her face does glow.

Night time comes,
and it's back inside.
sleeping, sleeping,
upon her side.

Deafening bombs,
make her rise,
staring, staring,
in Mother's blank eyes.

Lonely child,
She dares not smile,
as she watches the soldiers-
march single file.

Beautiful child,
Orphaned today,
Lonely, lonely,
on this rainy day.

3 Comments:

Blogger moonlight said...

Old one I know but my poetry notebook has gone missing :(...once I get some inspiration I'll try to come up with new ones.

9:08 PM  
Blogger attawie said...

Just like i said when I first read the poem. The rhyme and rhythm, they are properly weaved. and each image of each stanza is literally vivid and simply drawn to illustrate perfect imagery.

you wowed me :)

7:49 AM  
Blogger olivebranch said...

lovely lovely LOVELY poem; I have only just read it for the first time. Your skill is wonderful and it is equally wonderful how you can turn such a beautiful piece of day-to-day life into something with such depth, using but a few words at the end of such strong metaphors :)

I am inspired, I think you can expect some new poetry coming from me soon =-)

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home